Field Marketing Professional Germany
Location: Frankfurt or Munich, Germany
Job Identification: 7931
Job Category: Field Marketing
Job Schedule: Full time
Field Marketing Professional Germany
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) makes possible a digital world that we can always trust through its mission to protect people, devices, and data everywhere. This is why the world’s largest enterprises, service providers, and government organizations choose Fortinet to securely accelerate their digital journey. The Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protections across the entire digital attack surface, securing critical devices, data, applications, and connections from the data center to the cloud to the home office. Ranking #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide, more than 550,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses.
To accompany our exponential growth in Germany, Fortinet EMEA Marketing is seeking a Field Marketing Professional in the IT Industry to help further expand our customer and market footprint in Germany by focusing on brand awareness as well as lead and pipeline building activities. The right candidate for this role combines strategic thinking and tactical execution skills.
Preferable based out of our German Headquarters in Frankfurt or our Munich office, this position will report to the Senior Manager Field Marketing, DACH Region. The Field Marketing Professional will be working closely with German Enterprise Sales Directors to understand their targets, priorities and key accounts and collaborate with various EMEA marketing departments. The primary focus of this role is the VLE and Enterprise Sales Teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with German Enterprise Sales and DACH Field Marketing leadership to develop, enhance and execute a field marketing plan which best supports business growth and is designed to drive brand awareness, leads, demand and pipeline. The Field Marketing Plan should be in line with corporate, EMEA and German sales and marketing priorities and messaging, translating strategy into actions.
- Develop and drive integrated marketing programs which consist of best practice marketing mix elements that generate quality prospects
- Leverage and localize a repeatable and systematic set of programs to drive demand with the right balance between in-country and global campaigns
- Manage key marketing activities in the region like lead gen campaigns, events (virtual as well as hybrid and in-person whenever possible again), industry conferences and sponsorships
- Work closely with different Fortinet teams (e.g. EMEA Business Development, EMEA Campaigns) on closed-loop lead generation process around direct marketing activities, consistency in localization, database segmentation and web initiatives among others
- Manage and track Field Marketing Budget (MDF) assigned including tracking of results/ROI on each activity
- Manage relationships with local agencies and track spend
- Creation of MDF Purchase Requisitions and invoices management
- End-to-End reporting and analysis for all field marketing activities using Salesforce.com among others
- Other duties as assigned
Profile / Education / Experience
- 6 to 10 years of experience in IT Marketing, preferably IT Security
- Demonstrated success in Field Marketing for a high-tech vendor meeting the revenue goals of sales teams; experience in marketing for certain verticals a plus.
- Complete understanding and proven track record across all field marketing tactics, with integrated campaigns, communications, and PR tactics to drive the pipeline: digital campaigns, call out campaigns, event management, high-touch tactics, etc.
- German mother tongue, with good English language communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong business acumen and work ethic
- Ability to work cross-functionally to plan and execute successful marketing programs
- Ability to manage the planning and execution of programs in a deadline-driven environment
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, result- and data-driven, creative, responsive, strong organizational and communication skills and ability to set priorities
- Ability to influence and build cross functional relationships
- Knowledge of CRM/sales/email automation systems and how to maximize them for efficient lead distribution and reporting (Salesforce.com & Eloqua experience a plus)
- Proficient use of MS Office applications